Monday, March 10, 2008

Mclaren Complete

Maclaren M1B, (1966), #4 Bruce Mclaren, #5 Chris Amon

Not the best, modern race cars are slab sided wedges, much easier to model. On a request, for a break, I deceided to take this one on. It's a 1966, Mclaren M1B. Now the problem with cars ofthis era is they were constantly evolving race to race in little details. very tough to establish a definitive model.

In game you will notice some inconsistent shading between the front and rear wheels. I don't know why this is, the BMP mapping matches so I really am unsure of reasons.

The model had a few issues, as I said, I will have to become a better modeller, smooth out the edges a bit more. Still have the ploy count way too high for the target game, have to try to understand better the way to get the,"feeling" of detail in game without actually adding them.
Must admit I did it a bit quick, just for a change from the projects where I am currently focused. The older cars were sleek and smooth with the new closed LMP rules we will see more and more of the 80's style. I love it, but canI model it ?




No comments: