Friday, March 28, 2008

C-11 Paint

When the mapping is complete I start to do what I call "Painting". Guess it because your just painting the livery on the car skin. I wish I had a better handle on colour. Each software displays it a bit different as well the game engine also renders it a bit different. The C-11, traditional Mercedes, is of course silver. I have a bit put it with a blue tinge, looks okay, but I will have to test it in game. I start working my way around the model, top then side, then the details. I put this preview out so you can see that the different colours I used in the panels while mapping are used then as a guide for placing the various decals and details.
As well, some things like the little running light on the front fender or the exhaust protector on the side could have been modelled in 3d. They would be interesting details, but more poly's. I have a suspision that these may not be the right details to economize. But practice will tell on that.

No comments: