Sunday, April 6, 2008

Porsche - Construction

Remember, 90 percent of this model is someone else's. I have just rebuilt the back-end and remapped it for the 1990, WSPC version of the cars. Now maybe I went a bit much with the hierarchy tool, but it work out fairly well. I also successfully incorporated the wheels into the scenario, (see previous posts about wheel challenges). The other support files did not work out as well. I still haven't found the trick to doing it properly. But all and all, this was a much easier construction phase, (as I call it), to the project. Now comes the busy part, painting the models. I am hoping I properly selected the "seams" for the textures, I am interested in the results, I was careful as I designed the texture areas. The first car, (three in all), is the famous Blaupunkt livery for the Joest Porsches. There is currently a LeMans version of the car in game which is a conversion from another game and is very nice. However as I say, squint your eyes, looks great.

No comments: