Thursday, April 30, 2009

GT-R Progress

A bit of progress. Not the best model I've done, but that's okay I'm just gettign up to speed.
Have the car "In Game ", as they say. I have the same shaing issues as I have experienced on some edges. It seems to be where I have done an extrusion. Note the front and the top of the hood where the vents are located. I have hadd the issue before and never understood the fix, although I was able to correct some by flipping and deleting some poly's. Too much work for this one, I'm just going to finish it up and move on to the next. Paint job is underway. Yellow base colour hides nothing, so there you go we will see what the final looks like. This is the part I enjoy the most actually. When complete, this is the only GT-R with two hood scoops. I will have to reverse engineer it back to AC3D clean up the scoops and then export it back through the process. I can't start with the original AC3D because I had to recentre the model in zMod because it was dragging through the ground. Additionally, if you look closely at the headlight buckets, the wheels poke through a bit. I may fix that as well, but only if I feel picky, (it depends on my mood, I am not a natural at "perfect"). There is one poly on the right side that is not right either so I will have a look at that as well. Want to do the two versions, but I don't know how many others I will do.

No comments: