Saturday, June 14, 2008

LMP Clean-up

Comes to the end of a project and am ADD kicks in ... what's next. Well I started to clean-up some of the work I did last year on the the ALMS 2007 cars, I have started the Porsche Spyder RS and the Audi's. I have learned an awful lot doing the 90's project so I want to apply it to these cars. Probably do the 2008 versions as well. To begin with, I deconstruct them, break them into parts and clean up the polies. I hope to reduce them to about 2200 each. They sit up around 2700. I will remap using standard sized bmp's, the original large ones chokes the game engine. I will also construct the low res VE file. With the 90 Group C mod I am now running 18 cars on the laptop, (a smaller machine than my racing one". The game is built for 16. If I get anything more than that, it is a bonus. I don't know how far I will go, but the new Le Mans coupes look pretty cool for sure....mmmm maybe.

No comments: