Saturday, February 14, 2009

Progress - GTR

Making some good progress. Rear quarter was a bit difficult. Believe that at the end it will be alright. This is the first non "slab sided" car that I developed. It is a bit more difficult to get the shape smooth, but I am happy with it so far. I have found that it just takes a few more polies, it won't really matter I am not intending to produce a great number of them. The sides are the next area I plan to focus on, I would expect them to go in pretty easy. I didn't find a good blue print so I have one that forms a general framework and I have been working basically from photos, eyeballing in the surfaces. As long as it looks okay, fine with me, it won't be 100% acurate, but no one is measuring. Some of the work I see people are doing have over 500,000 polies. With my self imposed limit of 2000, I don't feel so bad because I know it will limit the detail and accuracy I can achieve.

No comments: